Home Based Assessment – e.g. referrals received from Medical, Private and Immigration NZ
- Do you feel you need some advice to help a loved one remain living in her/his own home as they age and become increasingly frail?
- Would you appreciate some advice as to how to assist this person to remain living independently, or to know when it is time to move to assisted living?
- Still living independently in your own home and wish to continue doing so?
- Recently suffered an injury?
- Experiencing Loss of mobility and reduced self-confidence?
- IMNZ residency implications – Assessing a disabled person’s current level of independence, social support and possible care levels required in later years.
- For example:
- Do you feel safe walking around in your home?
- Are you able to carry items from one room to another safely? e.g. take a cup of tea from the kitchen to the lounge.
- Do you have any difficulties getting up from low seats?
- Are you safe on steps?
Worried about hip fractures? prevention is possible …click here
Are you still able to drive? Is getting in and out of your car more difficult?
Do you need someone to take you shopping or to the doctor? -perhaps try the service called ‘Driving Miss Daisy‘ for more information click here.
'Cognitive Impairment and Driving' is a Medical Responsibility
Would you like some professional advice from an Occupational Therapist?
Please go to CONTACT US, fill in your details and a short message.
I will contact you as soon as possible, to answer your query, and make an appointment to visit you.
Not in Auckland?
However, if you live in the lower north island you can contact occupational therapist Julie Roberts by email to: email@example.com
Julie has extensive occupational therapy experience in social rehabilitation and medical driving assessments, including vehicle modifications, both here and in the UK.